Are you looking for something new to add to your dishes? If your dishes are missing a bit of flavor, you may be only missing one ingredient. Ever since I started cooking, I have never fell in love with any of my meals. They lacked flavor, and to be honest they were a bit too boring. But, I have recently received a jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto to review. Let me tell you that my meals now are not boring at all. Welcome to my review of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto and here is why you should include a jar of it in your grocery list.
In this post, the following will be discussed.
- What I Think of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- Why you should include it in your next grocery list?
- Ways to Include Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto in Meals
- Some More Information
Disclaimer: I received a jar for Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto from MomsMeet for free to review. This is my honest review. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”.
What I Think of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
I remember how much I struggled with getting the flavors of my meal to be perfect. But, they were always bland or too spicy. I got a jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto and let me tell you it was a jar of heaven! This is what I needed to put into my meals. It is smooth and creamy. It adds a savory taste to all my meals. Ever since I received it, I have eaten it during breakfast, lunch, dinner and eat with my snacks. I have bought two additional jars, and I just can’t get enough of it! I’m also not the only one who loves it. I am the cook in my family and my husband and kids love it. My two year old keeps asking me to pour the green delicious thingy over his food, and I don’t blame him for loving what is unquestionably delicious.
Why you should include it in your next grocery list?
Include a jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto in your next grocery list. It is inexpensive and worth it if you want your entire family to love the meals you make. It can go with breakfast, lunch or dinner meals since it is a flexible ingredient that can be used in so many ways. You do not have to heat it so it won’t take much time to prepare. You literally remove it from the jar and add it to your favorite meals.
It comes from Italy and it is made from great ingredients like Italian Basil and Cheese. You don’t have to use only for pasta, but it could also be a dip or you could spread it on bread.
Ways to Include Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto in Meals
I mentioned before that it is a very adaptable sauce. Here are some ways you can add it to your meals. You can spread it onto breads and add to sandwiches. You can marinate chicken and other types of meat with it. Dipping chips and veggies into it is also a healthy option for snacks. Pasta and salad are also great with it.
Here is how I used my first two jars. I am planning to buy many more jars and make some more delicious recipes.
- On the first day I made an open faced egg pesto sandwich. The moment it entered my mouth, I knew that I was going to be addicted. This was one of my favorite breakfasts. My sandwich when great with my coffee!
- I used it as a dip with my favorite vegetables (Cauliflower and Carrots).
- Another day I dipped crackers into it. I haven’t tried dipping pita chips in it, but I will be doing so soon.
Lunch Meal & Dinner Meals
- One day I made linguine with the Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto.
- Another day I made salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce and poured some of the pesto over the salad. It was better than any other seasoning and sauce I have ever put on my salad.
Here is my full linguine with Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto recipe.
- Step 1: Boil a box of Barilla Linguine pasta. You can use any linguine, but I prefer and trust the Barilla brand.
- Step 2: Drain the linguine. You can leave some of the water to boil the beans or peas.
- Step 3: Add some salt and black pepper to the linguine. Do not add too much because the Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto will add more flavor.
- Step 4: Boil some green peas or beans. You can used canned green peas or beans.
- Step 5: Add half a jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto to the linguine. You can add more or less according to desire. A half a jar was perfect for me.
- Step 6: This is optional you can add some parmesan cheese with the pasta. I say it is optional because the pesto has Italian cheese in it which will make the pasta delicious and creamy.
- Step 7: Add the beans or peas to the pasta.
- Step 8: Enjoy the dish and thank Barilla for their awesome products!
Some More Information
- The jar must be refrigerated after opening.
- Consume it within five days after opening.
- You do not need to heat it before use.
- Barilla makes many products in addition to this delicious jar. Check out their website.
- You can find Barilla products at any grocery store. You just need to look for them and enjoy the wide variety of products.
For more information, check out the Barilla website. Go now and buy a jar of it now! The small jar can be used for more than one meal. It’s inexpensive and worth every penny. You can use it in so many ways and it can be included in all meals. Leave a comment below if you would like to try it! Which recipe will you try first???
Watch this video “Barilla | Creamy Genovese Pesto” to know more.