Are you afraid of getting stretch marks during pregnancy, or did you just notice your first stretch marks? If you are pregnant, you will probably at least see one stretch mark. They are not pleasant to see but remember you are growing a beautiful baby in you. How long does it take for stretch marks to fade and how to get rid of them are the most frequently asked questions. Keep in mind getting rid of them is not easy, but you can try to prevent them and lessen their appearance.
In this post, the following will be discussed.
- What are stretch marks?
- When and where will they appear during pregnancy?
- How to prevent stretch marks?
- How to treat stretch marks?
- What are the best stretch-mark creams?
- How long will it take for stretch marks to fade?
- Everything You Need To Know About Stretch Mark Removal Surgery
What are stretch marks?
Strech marks are scars that appear when the skins expands too quickly. This usually occurs when you gain weight quickly over a short period of time like during pregnancy or a growth spurt. They may be red, tan or purple in color, and can be very itchy.
When will they appear during pregnancy and where?
More than 90 percent of pregnant women get stretch marks. They usually notice the first ones between weeks 13 and 21 of pregnancy. They usually appear on the abdomen, thighs, breasts, butt, back, and flank.
How likely will I get stretch marks?
You are likely going to get stretch marks if your mom has had them, your young and have tight skin, you got them before puberty or you gain too much weight quickly during pregnancy.
How to prevent stretch marks?
The following are ways to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy:
- Keep track of weight gain.
- Eating healthy and exercise.
- Staying hydrated.
- Keep moisturizing with brand stretch mark creams.
- Eat food high in vitamin C.
How to treat stretch marks?
If you begin seeing stretch marks, remember that the best time to treat them is when they are fresh and new. They will be red or purple in color. Once they begin turning silver or near your skin-tone color, it becomes very difficult to treat. They begin healing and become barely noticeable from 6-12 months after pregnancy. The following are several treatments for stretch marks:
- Stretch Mark Cream will help your body produce fewer stretch marks and help them heal quicker.
- Retinoid Cream helps rebuild collagen.
- Laser Stretch Mark Removal
How long does it take for stretch marks to fade?
Stretch marks usually do fade and become a grey color if you get them from pregnancy. It usually takes about six months to one year after labor for them to fade away. Using makeup and tanning can make them almost invisible.
What are the best stretch-mark creams?
- Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy
- Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
Click here for more options.
I hope this information helps you understand how to get rid of stretch marks during pregnancy. Comment on other ways that have helped you!
Everything You Need To Know About Stretch Mark Removal Surgery
- Stretch mark removal cost: 800$-900$
- How many laser sessions does it take to remove stretch marks? 3-5 sessions
- How effective is laser stretch mark removal? It erases them by 20-60%
- Is laser stretch mark removal painful? No, it might be just a bit uncomfortable.